Keeping your contact lenses soaked in their solution is not enough to effectively care for them and maintain their quality. Even those who have been using contact lenses prescribed by their optometrist for a while now are still unable to fully care for their pairs.
Clean and effective contact lenses are important for your eye health. Here are a few tips on how to properly care for your contact lenses that Forest Optical wants you to know about:
- Strictly wear your contact lenses within the schedule prescribed by your doctor.
- Clean, rinse, and disinfect your contact lenses with fresh solution every time you take them off. Dispose of the old solution.
- If you feel slight irritation or notice vision changes, remove your contact lenses, and seek visual ophthalmology services immediately.
- Don’t expose your contact lenses to any kind of water. This can lead to infection, or worse, vision loss. Always use the contact lens solution from our optical glasses store in Ridgewood, New York.
- Never share your contact lenses with other people. This one is pretty obvious, but you’d be surprised at how many people still do it this. Don’t be tempted. This is unhygienic and can cause severe infections.
Just follow these few steps and you’ll be safe from most eye infections. If you are looking for a reliable eyeglasses store in New York, give us a call. Our staff and experts are ready and happy to help. Just dial 718-418-0100 for more information.